Frequently Asked Questions about RC Training
What are the 3 different training programs?
- No More Excuses
- RC Training 5k/10k
- RC Training 1/2 & Full Marathon
How long does each program last?
- No More Excuses – 10 weeks
- RC Training 5k/10k – 12 weeks
- RC Training 1/2 & Full – 14 weeks
Who are the programs targeted for/what kind of weekly mileage should a person be doing to participate in each program?
- No More Excuses – True Beginner – Walk-Run/Run-Walk/Running Program
- RC Training 5k10k – Should be able to run for 30 continuous minutes right now – pace does not matter
- RC Training 1/2 & Full – Should be running 15+ miles per week
What are the costs of the programs?
- No More Excuses – $250 with $125 toward shoes and $25 for reflective product at Running Central (so really it’s $100)
*If shoes have been purchased from Running Central within 3 months of the program starting and are still in good condition, this fee can be waived – please direct any questions to email@example.com
- RC Training 5k/10k – $100
- RC Training 1/2 & Full – $125
What will the participants receive in the training programs?
- Weekly training schedules emailed from the coach of the program
- Weekly training tips on products and injury prevention to help improve your training and experience while exercising
- Opportunity to join a private Facebook group for your specific training program where the workouts will be posted and additional training tips provided
- 15% Discount at Running Central on ALL regular priced items *This discount begins on the Monday of the first week of the training program and continues thru the last Saturday of the program
*This discount applies to everyone on your Running Central account
How are workouts communicated to the training groups?
- Via weekly emails AND there is a private Facebook group for EACH separate training program group
Why do I need shoes and reflective product to participate in No More Excuses?
- We have found that the majority of injuries that occur in a beginner program are a direct result of improper footwear.
- It is important for all of our participants to be safe and be seen. Therefore, reflective gear is mandatory for all participants.
What if I already have shoes and reflective gear from Running Central?
If I want to do the Steamboat 15k, is there a program for me?
- *4 week free bridge program for RCT 1/2 & Full from mid-May thru Steamboat AND it is not too late to join
- OR one can do the 5k/10k program and talk with their coach about some extra mileage
If I have a family member/friend who has disabilities, can they participate in these programs?
- Absolutely!!! We have people with disabilities participating in ALL 3 programs!!!! Please contact Katie Van Cleve – firstname.lastname@example.org ensure you loved one is placed in the proper training program!
What if I did Building Steam and don’t really want to do a training program like this?
- Join Run309 on Facebook!!! It’s a FREE group sponsored by IVS and Running Central that supports EVERYTHING running AND walking! They get together EVERY Wednesday night and Saturday morning of the year for a run/walk!!!
Where can a customer get more information about the training programs?
Where do I register?
- Each section above has a “REGISTER” link to click on for the day of your choice!
Who do I contact for more information regarding the program?